Friday, April 18, 2008

Musings and mullings

This week has given me a lot to think about. I’ve been challenged by my coworkers to think about my national friends here, about the way I interact with them, the purpose of my time here and my role within Interlink. To be honest, it’s been a bit overwhelming since these conversations have come at the same time I’ve had a flood of questions myself.

For three months I’ve tried my best to adapt, soak in, blend in, and simply live life here in KZ as a part of the Interlink team. This past week (and weeks to come) I’m taking a step back and looking at how things are done, how I’ve done things and take account. I want to make sure I’m headed in the right direction. I am also considering whether this is the agency, country, and work that I want to commit myself to for a longer period of time. As you can imagine, this is no easy process!

The past few days the Kazakhstan skies have matched my inner musings. With fierce winds blustering I am continually drawn back to a quote from the third chapter of John “The wind blows where it wishes. You hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from or where it is going, so it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.” I hear the wind, I see the wind, and long to know it’s Source, it’s destination, and where I belong amidst it all.

No comments: