Monday, August 25, 2008

Can’t let you go Kazakhstan!

I've recently taken up painting (2 years ago) but usually don't have time. Thanks to the Commonway delegation, I am inspired again. Here's a sketch I did of the Kazakhstan mountains and steepes (that I sent home to Grandma, thanks Karen) it says "Kazakhstan, My Kazakhstan"

One year is not enough. I have to laugh simply because many people who know me well, knew this day would come! My internship will end in another 4 to 5 months, but I’ve made the request to stay here longer! There’s a mountain of a process to go through and a 100 conversations to have (that’s the low estimate!). I don’t know if I’ll be allowed to stay, whether I’ll be required to return home for a certain period, or how it will work. But hurrah, at least I have peace that this is where I want to be.


The thing I’m especially excited to be a part of is the Youth Impact program (more future discussions about the possibility of doing that). I will need to work hard on language and eventually learn Russian too, but these young adults are hungry for love and guidance as they make decisions (relationally, academically, regarding employment, and for some spiritually) that will impact the rest of their lives! I don’t have any assurance of an extended stay, a return, or switching to the YI program, but these are my hopes!

1 comment:

Victoria said...

YEAH!!! so happy to hear you have made up your mind.. I've been talking with Papa and hoping you would find that peace. And selfishly I asked Papa if possible for you to stay... I'd like to be there and have you there too...
Love the painting.. Looking forward to having more time to talk and catch up..
Love and miss you
Vicki
http://kazakhvictoria.blogspot.com