Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Please put me in the slow lane!!!

As I drove home from North Carolina, in swooped a snow storm...a very BIG, wet, and cold snow storm! It was a bit tragic considering the long morning walks I had been enjoying and the sweet daffodils that had begun peeking out at me from their yellow caps everywhere I went!


The heavy snow and winds meant a 2 and 1/2 hour drive took me almost 4 hours. I spent most of it creeping down the highway at 40 miles per hour, the end of a looooonnnggg line of cars. The couple of times I was arrogant (and impatient) enough to try and pass with speed, the slipping on the roads had me back behind them all, a bit humbler and down to 30 miles per hour!!

I counted no less than 11 accidents on the way to Lynchburg, so I'm thankful to be tucked nice and warm back at home!! Slow lane please!

No comments: