Monday, November 5, 2007

A car, a boat, a plane... a camel?

Wonder of wonders, miracles of miracles... I have enough money for my plane tickets, visa, and other travel expenses!! I should know by next week my schedule for travel and what date exactly that I am leaving in January.

So this is it. This is the week I submit my resignation at work and put my name on a seat (or several seats...none of them on a camel!) that will carry me halfway across the world. And you know what? Even though I've done this before (lived overseas for a year) and even though I've been there before, it's still butterflies-in-stomach exciting!

Thank you so much for all who have given to make this possible. Without your generosity, this wouldn't be happening! I'm still in need of about $700/month for next year, so please consider supporting the work in KZ. Donation buttons are on the right!

Photo courtesy of Victoria Charbonneau.

No comments: