Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Reliance, shackles, and pennies...

In my first post I wrote that I couldn't wait to "throw off the shackles of self reliance." It was a sincere statement, but what was I thinking?! This week I have to laugh at myself as I look down (somehow surprised) to find myself tightly shackled to "my" little piece of world. The reality of handing over a checkbook, a power of attorney, and belongings into someone else's care...well, you try it! Thankfully a dear friend pointed out that my struggle is the dying of self and I can do it joyfully or grudgingly...pray that I have joy!

I'm still in need of about $480 per month in support or $5,760 in one time gifts. I truly and deeply believe that financial investment is an outpouring of the heart and a reflection of God working through man in all his facets. Raising support for this next year requires me to rely on the Giver of all good things.

At this time I do need to very humbly and directly ask that if you are considering investing in my time in Kazakhstan that you would do so as soon as possible. One reality that I am facing is that I cannot purchase tickets until I have at least 50% ($1,000 more than what I have now). You can use the links on the right to donate now OR you can mail checks (written to Interlink Resources) to Interlink Resources at 4630 North Broadway Ave.Muncie, IN 47303. Feel free to email me with more questions.

No comments: