Thursday, December 20, 2007

25 dollars 25 days

I need $25 a month and I am finished with support. I have 25 days left in the U.S.! Many of you may wonder what's going through my head right now with the dealine for departure so close? Well, I'm back to primary school trying to answer some basic questions such as: WHAT am I supposed to remember before I leave? Like Santa, I'm making a list and checking it twice! WHO do I need to make sure I talk to before I leave? WHEN am I supposed to pack, clean, shop, hang out, and sleep? WHERE is my hairbrush? Oh where is my hairbrush? WHY oh why does saying goodbye have to be some final sometimes? HOW far am I from sanity?


No truly... even with the craze, I'm trying to maintain the perspective in that I will be back in a year, that if I forget something it's likely there's some way to creatively cope when I arrive in KZ, and that I need to show myself as much grace as I would offer someone else. I'm far from perfect a (fact which is becoming increasingly obvious as pressure builds) and this is a good reminder to me though that I'm not going to KZ to teach or fix but to learn and share with humility and graciousness for myself and others.

PS: The adorable girl sharing my craziness in the photograph is my niece Kurin. :) I think she's like her Aunty Em in more ways than one! What do you think? ;)

2 comments:

j9276 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi Ember!
International students at Liberty misses you tons! Take care & have fun!!