Monday, May 19, 2008

VICTORY!!!

May 9th is another holiday here in KZ (I’m loving the holidays). It’s Victory Day (from WWII). And WOW, people here know how to celebrate. The square was packed and we saw tons of troops marching around. I had planned to go with my whole host family, but ended up with my 13 year old host cousin. He was great cause to see and get pictures you had to climb a tree or a fence or another pedestrian! After the square we headed to the park and I’ve sworn (but will probably break this promis) that I will never go to the square on a holiday again. I have never been so SQUISHED in my life! It was as if the earth was on fire and the line to the Ferris wheel was the only exit from the planet. Babies were crying, women were screaming, men were pushing, and my host cousin had to shove me from the outside to keep me from getting pushed out of line completely. Oy! After the rides and the ice cream and buying gifts for the other kids in the family, I very happily took a nap in the afternoon! Hurrah for Victory Day!

No comments: