Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Family is sweet

My host home is just me and my Mom and my host brother. They have work and school respectively in the evening hours so it makes for a quiet apartment. When my friend Farzana invited me to her home to meet her family, I was thrilled! I met Farzana through Interlingua, a local English school here that Interlink helped found years ago. Farzana is one of many English teachers but for some reason we just connected. It may be our love of music, our love of laughter, or that something you just can't put your finger on. In any case I spent an evening learning how to make manty (large dumplings) and one of many special Kazakh salads. I also got to spend time with her husband, son, and adorable daughter! Here she and I (not at home) but at the Interlingua 5 year anniversary party!

No comments: