Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Installment 2

So here's the other half of the story! It's a little late but I've been having trouble posting photos!

Friday, Day 3, Meals 2 & 3 So on Friday we had another Thanksgiving with our office staff. We prepped and invited them over for a long lunch...and it was a success. They pretty much LOVED everything which is a good sign! They especially seemed to like my grandmothers recipe for sauteed mushrooms which is a staple holiday food at my house! We also participated in the tradition here of writing something special on the Thanksgiving tablecloth. Many of them wrote how thankful they were for their jobs and the staff. When we went around verbally one even expressed how we together were like a family. I was so sentimental I could hardly get out that I was thankful for this year. Somehow I couldn't say more, the joy was so great! Friday night was followed up with leftovers and a game night for Sara's birthday. More food! :)

Saturday, Day 4, Meal 4 & Baking
Saturday we gathered again for a Thanksgiving meal, yummy leftover sandwiches! We saved some food for those that had missed the staff dinner, divied up the leftovers to share at our Kazakh homes and called it a wrap!

No comments: