Monday, September 22, 2008

1+1=2 and 2-1=1 Simple Village Math

So I was in the village again this past weekend. It was a really wonderful time. The village is one of the places I feel that I can truly relax. I'm too much of a guest to work, and there's nothing else to do but relax. We girls watched some old Indian movies and played tons of games with the kids. I made super-friends with the little girls when I gave them some little butterfly barrettes. And I made the mistake of creating a "wonderful" train game of running around the yard... only a mistake because it was so fun I had to do it for ages and ages!!

So why the math? Well, in the outhouse there is normally one hole (self-explanatory). Except now there are two holes! I stepped in only for a board to break and my shoe to fall in (yes, it was a new shoe!!). So one hole became two and two shoes became one!!! The most beloved of all the village dogs has claimed the left over shoe and so I happily departed the village two shoes lighter! Here are some of my favorite pictures from the weekend.

No comments: