Wednesday, September 24, 2008

One bucket girl

I am a one bucket girl. Don't worry, that's a good thing. :)

So now is the chilly season. The city has turned off the hot water to prep the pipes for winter. They won't turn it back on until October 15th. So unless you have a water heater (which we don't at my apartment) the water is cold, cold, COLD! October 15th is also, not coincidentally, when the heat is also turned on as it is also city controlled.

So the temperatures are dropping (long sleeves and jackets necessary) and we're up to 2 blanket night temperatures...and we've no hot water nor heat. But this happens every year and is normal. And really, I'm fine with it. I've become a one bucket girl. That means with two kettles of boiled water mixed with half a bucket of frozen water, I'm able to complete all necessary bathing for a day! Top to bottom. :)

No comments: