Monday, September 15, 2008

Everything is more fun in Kazakhstan

Okay, well not everything...but...

I got a package today, only no one told me! Instead a troop of coworkers came to my desk and demanded a "song or dance" for a surprise. I gave them a song appropriate to having 5 people staring at you demanding things for an unknown reason. See link to song. However, they felt that that song wasn't appropriate and demanded another.

Now there are two things I'm thinking:
1. Dude, it's sad if they are surprising me two weeks before my birthday. It will spoil my birthday if they do everything early.
2. Is there really a surprise? I wondered if perhaps they were seeing how gullible (or vain) I would be to keep taking song requests with the lure of a "surprise" to come.

But I gave in (since not all the people in the group were hooligans by nature), and I sang a happy song. ...And VOILA, they brought in a package from my Mom! Hurrah, I'm so excited! Mail is SUPER DUPER EXTRASUPERCALAFRAGALISTICEXPEALADOTIOUS WONDERFUL when I'm here.

BUT then...they tried to take my package away when I told them it was for my birthday! I stole it back and insisted I DO have some self control (which I do) and therefore the box is resting happily at my feet under my desk. :) Everything is more fun in Kazakhstan...

As you can see, my address is very clear just in case anyone is interested, lol! :) Thanks Mom and Dad!

No comments: