Friday, September 26, 2008

Birthday....well, birthday....birthday WOW is all I can say!

So far my birthday has been one surprise after another. I've had middle of the night texts from America, flowers upon flowers to greet me, balloons in the shape of chickens, balloons with funny noses, balloons with special messages, and heart shaped balloons that say"I love you."


















THEN I got to do the ribbon cutting ceremony for the new basement toilet! I was supposed to christen it first, but the spot was already taken!









But that's not all! I also had CLOWNS! It was the most amazing birthday EVER! I can't imagine how any future party could top the surprise of clowns!! My coworkers did crazy races and dances for me. I got to wear a Kazakh crown and robe! I mean, it's better than Christmas!



















Following office tradition I brought a cake for tea time! It was my own version of Black-Forest-meets-Devil's-Food-Introducing-Strawberry-Jam! It was decadent to say the least!









And THEN, yes, there's more. The package from home that disappeared finally reappeared and I opened a big box of presents from home! Hurrah! In addition, one of my orphanage graduates stopped by with a sweet gift. Another gave me a picture of her as a baby. So precious.

But I'm still banned from the room upstairs so I think there is more to come! Even then, the day isn't over yet. Tonight I'll have a party including my own crazy games and prizes....

No comments: