Sunday, December 7, 2008

Goodbyes in the village

I had my final weekend in the village with Moldir and her family. It was so wonderful to be with the children and their families. We played our favorite card games (Uno, Skip Bo, and Old Maid). I brought stickers for the little girls which was a big hit, especially the fuzzy hearts and the kittens!

I had a special gift for them, family portraits. I brought my camera to visit their homes and we had a lot of fun with the photos. Here are my favorite.

And they had some special gifts for me too!

These are friends who have such different lives than me, across the world from where I grew up, but who are so precious to my heart! I am incredibly thankful for all they've offered me whether it be a home for the weekend, a fun game, or their love and acceptance.

No comments: