Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Gone with the wind

So this weekend brought a GREAT WIND to Taraz. And when I mean great...I mean winds that can do THIS! (See below) The first picture is at my apartment building and the tree is still there. What do you do where there isn't a "city service" to remove the tree branches sticking through your balcony?




During the afternoon, I did take a walk home to see the clouds after the storm. I thought a lull was the end...I was wrong. I felt bad for my choice to walk until I saw the BIRDS. Hundreds (literally) were being blown by the wind. The poor things were fighting so hard, but they didn't have a choice to hide inside, away from the wind.


Note: GREAT WINDS are a controversy here at the office. Some nationals believe the winds tend to follow a rocket being shot. Remember Kazakhstan was long the home of Soviet rocket and nuclear testing. However, others feel strongly that rockets and winds aren't related. It makes for lively discussions!

No comments: