Friday, October 10, 2008

Yellow = Happiness

I was sad to think I would miss the turning of the leaves in beautiful Virginia. Often I've wished I could drive up into the familiar Blue Ridge Mountains for peace and prayer. But happily...there is a beautiful fall in Kazakhstan too!

Each walk home I watch the colors get richer and richer. We've been blessed with mild weather and so each day with the blue sky, perfect white fluffy clouds, and gorgeous trees, I'm as happy as a lark! I tell you though, it has let to a lot of nostalgia. Kazakhstan has become home, I love my life and friends here and each day that passes takes me closer to departure. But I am doing my very best to cherish each day and hold it in my heart.

Here are some pictures from my walking route...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's a terrible drought here in VA. Leaves aren't really changing here. Be glad you're overseas!!

Christi