Friday, June 27, 2008

Lost and found

Sasha had been “lost” this to me this year. He was not at Chu when we visited and I was told he was working in Merke (where Savva was). At Merke I was told no one had heard from him and that he was in Chu. After walking away from that conversation at Savva I wanted to mourn this “lost” child, but had a sudden surety that I would indeed see him again this year! I was doubtful but willing to accept the hope and kept an eye out for him everywhere.

And guess who came to Savva? Yes, Sasha! I couldn’t help but run to him and throw my arms around him I was so happy and surprised! I got to give him the gifts and letters I had been carrying with me all over Kazakhstan in the hope of seeing him. And we were able to talk and I am so thankful to say he is doing well. He was at Chu after all and has been working on the railway. He even has plans for the future! He hopes that when he’s 20 he’ll qualify for train conductor. He’s found summer work too in construction, not too far away and has a place to stay. We had such a good conversation that my heart is just full of joy of the one who was lost but now is found!

No comments: