Monday, June 30, 2008

Mountains worth climbing

There’s a song from The Sound of Music that I’ve always loved. It goes “Climb every mountain. Ford every stream. Follow every rainbow, till you find your dream. A dream that will need all the love you can give it, every day of your life, for as long as you live.

As the years have passed and I’ve had different experiences my “dream” about working with children overseas has slowly been refined. This past year I’ve gained so much more clarity and my recent time at Savva really confirmed the thoughts I’d been having about future work here. I would love to have a “home” here, perhaps in the city of Chu. While having a family and living out a village life I want to offer an open door to these orphans boys. They leave Savva and are on their own to deal with hopelessness, loneliness, temptations of drugs and alcohol, and an unfriendly and suspicious world. They need a safe place of acceptance to come and receive encouragement to make the right choices. It’s a dream I’m becoming more and more passionate about….though the reality of it happening seems far away. Looking at my situation that dream will require the impossible to become possible and who knows what the years are ahead are to hold?! I haven’t even decided if I will extend my stay here or not! But to dream a dream, to cherish a hope…this makes life worth living. And if you could meet my boys, I know you would agree…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God can make the impossible possible. Remember this as you allow Him to guide & shape your dreams!