Monday, June 16, 2008

Summer Madness and Loads of Americans!

Summer is the busiest season of all around here. It begins with the month long visit of the Knauss family. David Knauss has recently switched from being the in country director to the stateside President of Interlink. With his arrival have come a lot of business, American team, and coaching meetings. I've been asked a LOT of good questions, but have been a bit overwhelmed by all the meetings we've been having. It's been especially difficult with the challenge for me as a new person on the team, and with the question of extending my stay still hanging. I honestly have been pretty overwhelmed, but even though some talks have been difficult, they are necessary for us to have unity and for us to work together. And this is how summer starts!

Then we have a JUNE delegation to Savva. We will be at the orphanage for about a week. Sara and I get to do an ALL NEW teacher training. I'm nervous, but I think it will go really well. We're teaching on love languages, learning styles, remedial learners, and behavior management. Although it's difficult not to be attached to a certain class or group of kids, building up and connecting with the teachers is going to have an even bigger impact on them long term!


After a brief week, a team will arrive in early JULY to work with the Youth Impact kids (orphanage grads). Olya and I are working together to lead this delegation and I'm learning a lot.


Then, shortly after they depart, AUGUST brings us a delegation to Ulan summer camp. This will be more of a camp type place and will have a smaller US team, meaning we here in KZ will be playing a bigger role. I'm hoping my language will do well enough I won't need a translator! Maybe...lol.


So if you don't hear from me so often, sorry! I'll post stories and pictures as quick as I can!

No comments: